Frank Minal for Central Southsea Ward
It’s time to change the way politics works in Portsmouth. Under both Liberal Democrats and Conservatives, our Council has applied knee-jerk reactions to economic pressures. But as a fellow Central Southsea resident, I will always put the needs and aspirations of local people first.
- You have told me that the removal of residents’ parking was a mistake – I’ll stand up for a comprehensive independent review, to help people park outside their home
- Every day, I see the need to clean up our streets – I will work with refuse collectors and environmental officers to improve the look and feel of our area
- Some landlords fail to ensure local rental properties are safe, secure and well-maintained – I will stand up for stronger council enforcement on behalf of tenants
- I want to improve local eco friendly policies, including addressing the barriers presented by charging residents for green waste collection
- I’ve been campaigning to protect local Sure Start centres for years – I’ll continue to be a strong voice for vital services like the Brambles
As a Trade Union official, I have 20 years of experience in negotiating with organisations and solving problems for regular people – from NHS staff, to teaching assistants, from shop workers to engineers. I promise to use all my skills to get a fair deal for Central Southsea.
I hope I can count on your vote on 5th May.
You can contact me on 07713 079930 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frank Minal has lived in Southsea since 2000 and is a Regional Organiser for the GMB trade union representing thousands of working people across diverse public and private workplaces. Frank was the Regional Political Officer for the GMB at the 1997 General Election and helped secure key marginals in South London. Frank has two children and two grandchildren and is a active member of the Labour Party in Portsmouth, holding a seat on the current Executive Committee.
Frank says “I am standing because Portsmouth is my home. People in Central Southsea deserve better. I will support the area of Southsea and vote for policies that help local people here. I am not a career politician but I have 25 years experience in politics.I want a more equal society not a career opportunity. As a Trade Union Official I represent people who work in hospitals, schools and emergency services who have all felt the impact of recent government policies. We need local politicians with common sense and empathy”.